Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Poetry Wednesday

The Living Room

buckets were needed,
and quick hands bailing:
I Let The Ocean In(to) the living room.

I could not see the down-side (we had no cat) and
our plainness glittered,
disappeared in the water.

it was curious, the way the water
stopped, and did not struggle with doors:
(when we went out, the water kept our beauty) but

lying with you on the other side
of doors, I can hear the ocean/ you pat my head, and
you cannot hear it.

Annnnnnnnnnd, something not-mine that I love:

[The dead girl by the beautiful Bartlett]
by Joshua Beckman

The dead girl by the beautiful Bartlett.
I'm sad. I make horrible sentences.
A woman alone in the park waves. The water.
The dead girl by the beautiful Bartlett.
Put down the cell phone. I'm sad. The waves.
The horrible staring. A woman alone
in the park. Waves. The leaves. Leaves
along in the park. I'm staring. The
dead girl by the beautiful Bartlett. I'm sad.
Put down your cell phone. A wave.
The sad girl alone in the park. Leaves.
Put down your cell phone. The Bartlett.
The staring. A leaf alone in the horrible
leaves. The dead girl. The staring.

No comments:

Post a Comment