Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year: Papers, Pumpkins, Peanuts

I have been, for the past week, an unimaginably busy/stressed-out Kelly. This is good, because I go cuckoo-banana-froufrou if I don't have things to do. But this is also bad, because it tends to make me over-caffeinate. Kind of like this:

Luckily, things are calming down a little as I get my first batch of papers out of the way, and nail down which courses I'm taking. One is a film history class, which means more delicious movie recommendations for you. I picked the class based on the fact that one of my all-time favorite films,  In the Mood For Love (Kar Wai Wong), was on the menu, so hopefully it doesn't bite me in the butt. So far we've seen Breathless (Godard, 1960), and Saturday Night and Sunday Morning (Reisz, 1960), the former of which I've seen at least ten times, and the latter which is new to me. I recommend neither, but you can do whatever floats your boat. Jean Seberg's voice makes me twitch (New York Herald Tribune. New York Herald Tribuuuuuuuuuune!)
Here's the good news: Starbucks is now serving Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and my Deluxe Peanuts Holiday Collection just came in the mail (thank you Moody). Huzzah. I adore fall.
Oh yes. Ohhhhhh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment