Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Poetry Wednesday


Dawning

There was a jar of milk on the counter
   when I woke up

(you were close, but I could not see you,
the milk was frothy, and you had poured it)

                all alone
and the quiet door
                and the sound it usually makes
                                getting smaller

I remembered all of my dreams.

A stone house shaken by a
little wind

A woman who looks like my mother
taking her rings off in the
corner.


Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd something not-mine that I love:

Excerpts from Your Time Has Come
by Joshua Beckman

A new boat sleeps in that place
each night.
The current there must be mild.

To watch you open
and to know you'll open and close again.
All is flora.

It felt so good 
to get my sunburn,
but now I've got it.

Flying a kite
off his roof--
I'm worried he'll fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment