Tuesday, May 15, 2012

That Time I Went to A Wrestling Event...


Moody loves wrestling, Kelly loves Moody…..Kelly loves wrestling?

Not exactly.

A couple of months ago, I started panicking about what I was going to get Moody for our one-year anniversary. I was resigned to getting him a lovely (but boring) Fossil watch when, BEHOLD, the holy grail of Ticketmaster alerts appeared in my inbox. WWE RAW. Coming to Rochester.

It was fate. Anybody who knows Moody knows that he has more than one strange love in his life: convenient store coffee cake, Jackie Chan movies, Charlotte Gainsbourg, blue soda, me….and professional wrestling.  I splurged and bought two ringside seats, blacking out for a moment on the fact that, with this ticket purchase, I was basically volunteering to go with him.

I’m not going to lie, I had a blast.  Imagine endless beer, a comfy chair, adorable kids running around in floor-skimming t-shirts and sweat bands, and muscly men in what amounts to underwear, jumping around in a well-lit central location. Not to mention the goofy grin on my sweetie’s face. These are all good things.

Definitely glad I didn’t go with the watch.








Don't be fooled by his stoic expression. Moody had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment