Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Allow Me to Distract You (magicmagicmagic)

This week might go down in Kelly-history as the week my brain exploded. Reasons:

1.) Last week I almost made a Pez-dispenser (doctor's words, not mine) out of my finger while cutting up fruit in the kitchen. Franken-Finger is getting old purrrrrdy quickly.
2.) The wait for grad school decisions is fast becoming torture. Need to get your hands on some international intelligence? Torture me a little more and I'll spill.
3.) I'm out of Papples. Ok, Ok, they're Asian Pears, sometimes known as Apple-Pears. I'm the only one who calls them Papples.
3.) It's mid-terms week. Tonight I have to memorize the principle parts of about 80 German verbs, including "to shit." Sheißen.

What's the remedy? My very favorite-est of favorite movie moments, in no particular order:

Almost Famous- "Tiny Dancer" on the tour bus

Alright, alright, this has to be my very favorite-est. The rest are in no particular order.

Benny & Joon- The roving hat


Casper- "Can I keep you?"

The important part happens at 2:10. Say this to me, and I'm pretty much yours.

The Royal Tenenbaums- The Green Line Bus


How To Train Your Dragon- Drawing in the sand

This gave me chills the first time I saw it. Did you know I'm a viking?

La Dolce Vita- In the fountain


Whale Rider- Paikea's speech


Garden State- Screaming


Finding Nemo- Butt-touching


There, don't you feel better?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the Whale Rider, but otherwise a nice collection of clips from a nice collection of movies.

    Hope you get a fast healing finger, good decisions, more Asian Pears and less German assessment.

    So many people seem to like the scream scene from Garden State - I think I must be missing something there. I actually liked the post-jump pool sequence, motorcycle drives, and bathtub talk scenes better. Maybe I'm just weird.

    Seems like you like music moments in movies, probably worth checking out the rest on this list - http://flavorwire.com/78481/our-35-favorite-music-moments-in-film

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Also, one of my favorite movie music moment - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4z1eg_once-falling-slowly_music)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny that you mention The Swell Season. I'm...ummmm, a little bit obsessed with them right now. Probably a post coming soon, but I was talking about that song last night with a friend. It's easily my favorite of theirs, and that's saying something, because I'm infatuated with a LOT of their songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. This is my favorite version:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cXIa3U_jvA

    ReplyDelete